Des (Mag.)(ord. 270) - BV (1091) DESIGN & ENGINEERING - PROGETTO E INGEGNERIZZAZIONE DEL PRODOTTO INDUSTRIALE
056016 - INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP
Srini will share his experience with the students and help them develop their design-engineer skills.
The aim of the course is to develop ability in proposing and developing innovative design-engineering solutions with a focus on sustainability.
The aim will be addressed through the framework of the “UN Sustainable Development Goals. The Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and improve the lives and prospects of everyone, everywhere. The 17 Goals were adopted by all UN Member States in 2015, as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development which set out a 15-year plan to achieve the Goals.” https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/development-agenda/
Within this framework students will work in teams and develop an innovative design solution for one of the 17 goals. The Goals (Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms; Goal 2: Zero Hunger; Goal 3: Health; Goal 4: Quality Education; Goal 5: Gender equality and women’s empower; Goal 6: Water and Sanitation. Goal 7: Energy. Goal 8: Economic growth; Goal 9: Infrastructure, Industrialization; Goal 10: Reduce inequality; Goal 11: Cities; Goal 12: Sustainable consumption and production; Goal 13: Climate change; Goal 14: Oceans; Goal 15: Biodiversity, forests, desertification; Goal 16: Peace, Justice and strong institutions; Goal 17: Partnership) are detailed in 169 specific targets from which the students will possibly choose.
The overall scope is to educate the younger generations to take care of the World, while the specific objectives are:
1) Reflect on the challenges of the design-engineering process in product innovation and development.
2) Make the class aware of the Sustainable Development Goals and reflect on the role of design engineering in sustainability.
3) Merge the two understating in the project of an innovative design solution for one of the SDG.
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
- knowledge and understanding:
1) discover updated examples of design-engineering solutions coming from international professional experience understanding the role of design-engineering process in product innovation and development.
2) understand the importance of designing being aware of Sustainable Development Goals and of the role of design and engineering in sustainability.
- making judgements:
1) propose projects based on informed choices integrating the acquired knowledge and understanding.
2) propose projects based on responsible and critical thinking.
- communication skills:
1) develop the ability to effectively present their projects.
2) develop the ability to negotiate and discuss about their work within the team and the teacher.
Case studies of design engineering professional experience: "from the design brief to the production". "Sustainable Development Goals": what it means, what it is, why it is important. Presentation of recent WDO projects related to SDG.
- - -
Srini Srinivasan is the President of WDO (World Design Organization, formerly Icsid) and he is the Chairman & CEO of LUMIUM DESIGN, Inc., a Silicon Valley based, world class, award-winning product Design Company that has developed 300+ products in the Consumer Electronics, Medical, Industrial Goods, Security and Surveillance domains. Lumium has design studios in Santa Clara, (USA), Ahmedabad & Kochi (India) and in Tokyo, Japan to execute creative design projects for global clients.
Modalità di valutazione
Evaluation of the innovative design solution proposed by the design teams. The evaluation will assess: the respect of the Sustainable Development Goals; the level of innovation and development of the proposal; the quality and clearness of presentation and the active participation of each single student and team.
Tipo Forma Didattica
Ore di attività svolte in aula
Ore di studio autonome
Laboratorio Di Progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione
Insegnamento erogato in lingua
Disponibilità di materiale didattico/slides in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di libri di testo/bibliografia in lingua inglese
Possibilità di sostenere l'esame in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di supporto didattico in lingua inglese
This program has been designed to be delivered in the presence of people, hoping to overcome the health emergency linked to COVID 19. In the event of a prolonged health emergency, the timetable could vary, providing for the introduction (in part or in full) of online educational activities. More detailed information on the methods of provision and access, as well as the indications relating to security protocols and social distancing, will be available on the University and School website. More details on teaching will be communicated by the teachers in the manner provided.