MI (1385) - MODELLI E METODI MATEMATICI PER L'INGEGNERIA / MATHEMATICAL MODELS AND METHODS IN ENGINEERING
053499 - PYTHON PER IL CALCOLO SCIENTIFICO
Programma dettagliato e risultati di apprendimento attesi
Scientific Computing in Python is expanding rapidly; more and more researcher choose to migrate from MATLAB or R to Python as main programming language for their work. Python is a modern and generalpurpose programming language, it is clean and simple, it is well documented and its development is driven by a very big and active community tightly binded to the scientific community.
This course aims to teach the basics of scientific computing using Python. We cover the basics of how to construct a small program in Python. In particular the following topics will be considered:
- Numpy package for the management of linear algebra data structures, like matrices and vectors (both dense and sparse);
- Scipy package for solving differential problems;
- matplotlib package for plotting.
The prerequisites are some familiarity with MATLAB or R and with the base tools of numerical analysis (linear algebra and ordinary differential equations). It is not to be intended as a numerical analysis course or a computer science course.
Note Sulla Modalità di valutazione
The evaluatiuon will be based on a small project assigned to the students.
Intervallo di svolgimento dell'attività didattica
Calendario testuale dell'attività didattica
- Monday January 27th from 9 am to 1 pm - Room 2.1.1
- Tuesday January 28th from 9 am to 1 pm - Room 2.1.1
- Wednesday January 29th from 9 am to 1 pm - Room 2.1.1
- Friday January 31st from 1 pm to 5 pm - Room 2.1.1
- Monday February 3rd from 9 am to 1 pm - Room 2.1.1
- Tuesday February 4th from 9 am to 1 pm - Room 2.1.1
- Wednesday February 5th from 9 am to 1 pm - Room 2.1.1
- Thursday February 6th from 9 am to 1 pm - Room 3.1.3 In the rooms there are no PCs so you have to bring your own laptops.
For the course we will use the Anaconda Python (3.7) distribution that can be downloaded from this link:
Please install the Anaconda distribution !
Mix Forme Didattiche
Tipo Forma Didattica
laboratorio di progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione