L'insegnamento prevede 1.0 CFU erogati con Didattica Innovativa come segue:
Cotutela con mondo esterno
Corso di Studi
Codice Piano di Studio preventivamente approvato
Ing Ind - Inf (Mag.)(ord. 270) - BV (483) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - INGEGNERIA MECCANICA
054829 - METHODS AND TOOLS FOR SYSTEMATIC INNOVATION B - PROBLEM SOLVING AND INVENTIVE DESIGN
054833 - METHODS AND TOOLS FOR SYSTEMATIC INNOVATION I.C.
The course provides theoretical and practical skills about the most recent methodologies for systematic innovation of products and processes with a specific focus on inventive problem solving techniques.
More in details, it covers a range of techniques and tools supporting technical creativity such as Brainstorming, TRIZ (Theory of Inventive Problem Solving), Biologically-Inspired Design, Value Analysis, etc.
Attendees will be involved in individual and collaborative creative sessions, and will experience the support provided by Computer-Aided Innovation (CAI) tools and ICT technologies enhancing creativity.
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
Through the acquisition of the knowledge and skills delivered by this course, students will:
- know and understand characteristic features of inventions, innovation, design creativity;
- know potential and industrial applications of systematic methods and tools supporting idea generation in industry.
Furthermore, students will be able to apply their knowledge and understanding to:
- build a conceptual model (e.g. mind map, functional model, contradiction model, event diagram, cause-effect diagram) of a product or a process;
- exploit available knowledge to identify root causes of problems in products and processes.;
- apply heuristics (e.g. derived from TRIZ, Bio-mimetics, Value Analysis) for triggering idea generation for conceptual design and problem solving.
Eventually, project work activities will allow students to
- develop collaboration abilities through the interaction with the team mates;
- develop communication skills through the interaction with the industrial tutors;
- develop learning abilities by autonomously acquiring information and data needed for the development of the project activities.
Product development cycle and innovation. Technical creativity, features and assessment criteria.
Psychological methods supporting technical creativity: brainstorming, synectics, six thinking hats.
Elements of Systematic Design: Function-Behaviour-Structure, EMS function modelling, Conceptual Design phases.
Cognitive aspects of designing.
Introduction and fundamentals of TRIZ, Theory of Inventive Problem Solving. Reference models of TRIZ: problem solving process (Hill model, Tongs model, Funnel model); representation of technical systems, problems and solutions (ENV model, Function model, Su-Field model, Contradiction model); reference models for robust thinking (System Operator). Instruments for developing conceptual solutions: System of Inventive Standards; pointers to physical, chemical and geometrical effects. Instruments for overcoming contradictions: Analysis of Contradictions, 40 Inventive Principles, Separation principles, ARIZ.
Bio-Inspired Design: aims and scopes, methods to search for bio-inspired solutions and their transfer into technical implementations. Reference models: SAPPhIRE, DANE, Biomimicry thinking, UNO-BID.
Value Analysis: Value Engineering techniques for product analysis. Process Value Analysis (PVA).
Students are suggested to follow this course having already assimilated the knowledge and competencies of the courses of the 1st yet of the mechanical engineerinsg study programme.
Modalità di valutazione
The course consists of lectures and practice sessions, including a collaborative project driven by an industrial case study proposed by partner companies.
The evaluation is based on:
- an individual written test based on the practical sessions proposed in the semester;
- on a project work developed in team evaluated also by industry executives;
- on a video where students are requested to elaborate a chosen topic among those included in the course syllabus.
More specifically, the assessment of the module consists of the followings: - (50%) a written open-book individual test (for each module) with exercises similar to those proposed within the practice sessions, aimed at checking the acquisition of the knowledge and related application abilities; some exercises require the application of the software tools presented within the semester;
-(50%) a project work developed in team (3-4 members each): evaluation is based on the review sessions along the semester and on the final presentation embedding a short video to communicate the project. The project work allows to check thr achievement of expected results in terms of application abilities, learning and communication skills.
Moreover, MS students following the 6 ECTS module have to produce also another short video with a TED-like presentation on a course topic (to be defined together with the professor). Task to be carried out individually or in small teams 2 students each. This video aims at checking knowledge and understanding abilities
Tipo Forma Didattica
Ore di attività svolte in aula
Ore di studio autonome
Laboratorio Di Progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione
Insegnamento erogato in lingua
Disponibilità di materiale didattico/slides in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di libri di testo/bibliografia in lingua inglese
Possibilità di sostenere l'esame in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di supporto didattico in lingua inglese