The course aims at acquiring new skills and competences for understanding, managing and leading the adoption of digital user and customer management strategies.
The new Digital Era is changing the way people life, work, interact, and communicate within and among organizational settings. In this scenario, the course focuses on the importance of strategies, customer experiences and information technologies delivered with digital customer management systems, with a focus on operational, analytical and collaborative components, mainly in the Marketing, Sales and Customer Services areas.
Practical exercises and seminars will provide students with a basic understanding of the business and IT impacts of digital application. Besides course lessons, students will learn how to conduct a digital transformation project through a business case to be agreed with the teacher.
Students will recognize the features of such innovations and comprehend the main impacts and managerial implications of them. The course aims at transferring both theoretical and practical knowledge through case studies, practitioners’ experience, as well as group applied project works.
Area # 1 (first module): Fundamentals of digital systems
– Information systems fundamentals
– Information modeling fundamentals
– Customer management strategies and systems
– Internet of things fundamentals
– Digital touchpoints and system architectures (mobile, cloud, on-premises, etc)
– Applied Experience Design
Knowledge Area # 2 (second module): Digital transformation initiatives
– Digital transformation business implications
– Digital transformation initiatives by industries
– Project management methodologies