L'insegnamento prevede 5.0 CFU erogati con Didattica Innovativa come segue:
Cotutela con mondo esterno
Corso di Studi
Codice Piano di Studio preventivamente approvato
Ing Ind - Inf (Mag.)(ord. 270) - BV (479) MANAGEMENT ENGINEERING - INGEGNERIA GESTIONALE
055898 - SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT LAB
055898 - SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT LAB
052816 - SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT LAB
The aim of this Laboratory is to expose students to the most adopted tools by companies in managing their relationships with suppliers. In particular, participants will study and apply tools to analyse the supply market, scout and qualify new suppliers, negotiation practices and techniques, spending analysis and classification methodologies, and finally, vendor rating tools and techniques. All these tools are discussed with a panel of Chief Procurement Officers during the semester and are applied to different real cases in small working groups.
This laboratory will focus on managing relationships with suppliers, along the whole relationship lifecycle: market analysis, suppliers scouting and qualification, negotiation, spending analysis, vendor rating. It will enhance students’ capabilities to:
- negotiate with suppliers and manage the relationships;
- evaluate their capabilities and performance;
- analyze and rationalize the overall spending.
The course fits into the overall program curriculum pursuing some of the defined general learning goals. In particular, the course contributes to the development of the following capabilities:
Design solutions applying a scientific and engineering approach (Analysis, Learning, Reasoning, and Modeling capability deriving from a solid and rigorous multidisciplinary background) to face problems and opportunities in a business and industrial environment
Develop new ideas and solutions in business and industrial scenarios evolving over time
Interact in a professional, responsible, effective and constructive way in a working environment, also motivating group members
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
At the end of the course, the student has the following skills:
- Is able to read a real business problem and identify appropriate and valuable solutions, through a quantitative assessment of the options and a critical review of the results
- Is able to apply different procurement models in specific business contexts, to improve the performance of the purchasing department and to face new challenges of the business
- Is able to undestand a business scenarios and develop solutions to improve the processes and competences of the procurement department in an innovative way, through the application of structured models and with an assessment of the implications in the short and long term
- Is able to present solutions and ideas in a professional and constructive way, fostering the value of the teamwork, and using a language adequate to both managers and fellow students
Market Analysis: assessment of the current supply market and evaluation of potential different supply markets, including market structure and fragmentation, outsourcing strategies, suppliers cost structure, prices volatility, Supply Chain Finance. Market analysis will also allow to study and apply some key risk management policies.
Suppliers scouting and qualification: once the supply market characteristics are known, buyers must scout for potential suppliers. That includes scouting and qualification procedures, technical assessments, financial evaluation, overall sustainability assessment.
Negotiation: The negotiation process is a key element of the relationship with suppliers. Students will practice negotiation process and techniques, win-lose vs win-win negotiations, preparing and acting the negotiation, electronic negotiations.
Spending analysis: in order to support the negotiation process and to manage proactively the relationship with suppliers, buyers apply tools and methodologies to analyze the spending, adopt quantitative and qualitative portfolio matrixes, and design proper business cases and action plans for improvement.
Vendor rating: in order to continuously drive supplier performance it is important to measure and assess the supplier base through specific Key Performance Indicators, stimulate suppliers development, and rationalize the supply base.
The course is practice-oriented, classes are managed either through case studies and simulations or through a direct interactions with purchasing managers.
Students will be divided in groups of 4-5 people since the beginning.
The group will run an in depth business case, to apply different models in a specific context.
Then, each group will be assigned to a specific problem/challenge within a company and will work on this problem along the semester. In order to face the challenge, students will apply a set of different tools and methodologies applied by companies in that specific field.
Groupwork might be performed in two different ways, according to each specific case:
- Synchronous: groups will work on group activities in class all together.
- Asynchronous: groups will work on their own on the case.
Moreover, 3 Chief Procurement Officers will be involved during the course in order to present and discuss with students their professional daily life.
Basic competences of Supply Chain Management are necessary, with specific focus on supply chain definitions, supply chain strategy, supply chain configuration, main make or buy choices. These topics are covered in the course of Supply Chain Management.
Modalità di valutazione
The evalution is multiple:
- In depth analysis of a business case, developed in group, to identify appropriate and valuable solutions in a specific purchasing context
- In class participation to specific business cases and simulations, developed in group, to apply different engineering models in specific business contexts
- Peer evaluation of the group activities, to demonstrate to be able to present ideas to fellow colleagues in a professional way
- Development of a project work with a specific company, working in a pre-defined task, to comprehend a procurement business scenarios and develop solutions to improve the procurement processes and competences, through a real discussion with companies
- Presentation of the solution of the project work in front of the class, to present a group solution in a professional and constructive way
- Oral individual exam, to demonstrate the understanding of how to apply different procurement models in specific business contexts
Nessun software richiesto
Tipo Forma Didattica
Ore di attività svolte in aula
Ore di studio autonome
Laboratorio Di Progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione
Insegnamento erogato in lingua
Disponibilità di materiale didattico/slides in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di libri di testo/bibliografia in lingua inglese
Possibilità di sostenere l'esame in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di supporto didattico in lingua inglese