The laboratory deals with the architectural project from the point of view of the internal space. As a founding phenomenon, independent of the scale to which it is applied, it is characterized by particular attention to its users and their gestures of relationship and openness to others and to the world; it is captured and determined as a concrete body built, in dynamics, verified down to the scale of detail, between its built-in margins, the light that animates it, the furnishings that equip it, the materials and the decorative elements that qualify it; aims to define a precise identity of each place, in the dialectic between space plant, figuration, sizing, structural aspects, environmental control, energy performance. The Studio pays particular attention to the recovery of the existing and often fragile building and architectural heritage, interpreting the themes of contemporary living, from those of the residence to those of complex and multifunctional organisms for culture, museum systems and social life, up to those of the redevelopment and equipment of the open spaces.
The disciplinary integrations that characterize each section (Architectural design, Architectural technology, Landscape architecture, Restoration, Urban design) allow, in the intertwining of the theoretical contents of each discipline, different thematic angles and design variations explained in the individual programs.
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
According to the Dublin Descriptors (DD), passing the exam certifies the acquisition of the following results:
DD 1, knowledge and understanding:
- knowledge of the fundamental elements of interior architecture and its methods of application in the design process for the purpose of transforming inhabited places and spaces.
DD 2, ability to apply knowledge and understanding:
- ability to control the compositional aspects of the project and its typological and functional features, which regulate the qualitative relationships of the architectural forms of the space.
DD 3 (autonomy of judgment), 4 (communication skills) and 5 (learning ability):
- ability to operate and communicate independently the design choices made (DD 3, 4 and 5).
The contents will be treated through lessons able to prepare a common cultural base, together with a sequence of architectural significant cases for interior architecture.
From the Educationally point of view, it is believed that architecture has its own way of expression in the project, whether the project of a new building or the design on an existing building. In particular, we are interested in the relationship between man and space. The habitable space, constructed and defined by architectural elements that surround it, will be understood as a complex system of links, not only a functional one.
The course is intended as a training for the eyes, giving the students the tools necessary for reading and understanding the existing conditions and its layered nature: paying attention to the materials and details of architecture. The transformations that have led to the current situation will be read and interpreted as well as elements that, apart from an arbitrary value judgments, enrich the architectural heritage.
The theme of the project will be a new “Health home” for the city of Piacenza, to be understood as a health, welfare, social and environmental reference in a neighborhood. The building must be able to promote an urban regeneration through the planning of the possible urban connections, as parks, open spaces, squares, other public buildings, schools to define a new centrality at the neighborhood level.
It thus becomes particularly important that the project does not close inside the building, but establishes a system of extremely virtuous relationships outside, and at the same time also a positive impact on internal spatiality in a mutual process.
The theme of the course will be an interior design project on an existing building, taking into account the local administration instances and needs directly as the existing limits to be followed, learnt but also to guide.
The environmental design approach will allow some existing elements to be considered as important resources to enhance the space for people that carry out different kind of activities. The resources can be visible, like materials, vegetation, as well as invisible, like energy fluxes (solar radiation, wind…).
Modalità di valutazione
- the work, organized in small groups as needed depending on the students number, will take place continuously in the classroom during the day and will be constantly verified through presentations and group discussions;
- it is required an attitude to work together in a collaborating way as much as possible
- our approach, usually, starts from the analysis of context. For this reason the direct survey is a specific and important moment for the development of the project. - the sketch, technical drawing by hand, study models, are necessary tools during the first phase of analysis and development design;
- basically in the final layoutsa high graphic quality, including digital and a precise manufacturing quality of the models as well as the photography and computerized presentations are required.
- attendance is mandatory and it is required to participate in all the evaluations in progress, revisions, as well as the deliveries of all tasks given;
- an active way of staying in the studio is one of evaluation criteria;
- the final discussion on the design project requires a presentation with which the students have to show an awareness about the all the architectural tools and topics
Roberto Rizzi, Civilization of living. The evolution of European domestic interiors, Editore: Lybra, Anno edizione: 2004
Inaki Abalos, Il buon abitare. Pensare le case della mo, Editore: Marinotti, Anno edizione: 2009
Gianni Ottolini, Ambiente interno, Editore: Proctor, Anno edizione: 2012 Note:
chapter in Almanacco dell'architettura, da un'idea di Renzo Piano
Rogora A, Progettazione bioclimatica per l'architettura mediterranea , Editore: Wolters Kluwer, Anno edizione: 2012
Gallo P, Recupero bioclimatico edilizio e urbano. Strumenti, tecniche e casi studio, Editore: Esselibri, Anno edizione: 2010
Nessun software richiesto
Tipo Forma Didattica
Ore di attività svolte in aula
Ore di studio autonome
Laboratorio Di Progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione