L'insegnamento prevede 4.0 CFU erogati con Didattica Innovativa come segue:
Cotutela con mondo esterno
Blended Learning & Flipped Classroom
Corso di Studi
Codice Piano di Studio preventivamente approvato
Arc - Urb - Cost (Mag.)(ord. 270) - PC (1085) SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE AND LANDSCAPE DESIGN - ARCHITETTURA SOSTENIBILE E PROGETTO DEL PAESAGGIO
053269 - LANDSCAPE DESIGN STUDIO
The Landcape Design Studio aims at defining and experimenting (at the different scales at which Landscape Architecture works) categories, instruments and strategies to describe, interpret and transform open spaces and landscapes, in their natural and anthropological components, also in relation to the historical transformations and to the social-economic and territorial context to which they belong.
The studio problematizes issues of orientation and experience, scale and pattern, topographic form, climatic and vegetative influences, and varied ecological processes that help define open spaces, in urban and natural context. In the center of the sequence of design studios along the master program, the course helps students develop spatial literacy and proficiency in diverse modes of inquiry in landscape architecture.
The course of Geomorphology and Physical Geography is integrated to the studio with the aim of providing the fundamental knowledges in order to reach coherent and workable design choices in relation to the geological substratum as well as in relation to the the vegetation structure of the site
Innovative teaching: coordinated with the 2 sections of Landscape Design Studio (S. Protasoni and H. Pessoa); the Course Topics in Landscape Architecture History and Theory; the IC Landscape Representation and Modeling
Shared supervision between Politecnico and Coldiretti Piacenza
The learning activities proposed:
- make possible the interaction with the world of production, thanks to the involvement of Coldiretti, the leading organization of farmers at national and European level, which will share access to a robust on-line regulatory and technical information system on agricultural production
- are based on the involvement of the students and their interaction with other class mates as well as with the professor and assistants
- develop the ability of the students to work in groups and to participate in public debates with institutional interlocutors
- experiment, in the design experience, innovative tools regarding the investigation, description and representation of the territory
- thanks to the use of online tools shared with Coldiretti, students will be able to manage the timing, place and rhythm of the learning process.
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
- acquire knowledge and understanding of the techniques and tools for landscape design;
- are capable of facing a critical approach to all necessary scales of a landscape design with advanced levels of specialisation and detail;
- are capable of facing design problems where soil, terrain, geology, mineral resources, climate, water, plants, wildlife, and living systems interactions are major drivers;
- acquire high levels of understanding of design research, strategic thinking, technical resolution and graphic expression.
The course of Landscape Design Studio focuses on introducing students to innovative approaches to landscape architecture and supporting to develop designs for future landscapes. Emphasizes user issues, ecological concerns, regional and cultural issues and determination of form for sustainable environments. The main focus is to study the rural sites. Particular emphasis will be given on planning and design of rural estates and their relationship to the rural fabric under its cultural and ecological profile. Regional, social, technical, economic, cultural and ecological aspects of rural world, along with studies of geomorphology (slope stability), geology, and the management aspects of the hydrographic network and the groundwater, will contribute to the achievement of the objectives.
NB: Students are strongly invited to participate actively to the presentations and discussions of all intermediate classmates’ projects proposals.
Modalità di valutazione
Articulated into two steps:
Midterm open critic of the ‘work progress’
The final project proposal presentation. Theoretical aspects and specifics technical measures and precautions achieved during the course must be highlighted during the explanation of the project. Students are invited to present the complete project process through a short PowerPoint accompanied by models and detailed panels that will have to be hung during the presentation and discussion of the project.
Simonds, J. O., Landscape Architecture a manual of site planning and design, Editore: McGraw-Hill, New York, Anno edizione: 1997, ISBN: 0-07-057709-9
Beck, T., Principles of Ecological Landscape Design, Editore: Island Press, Washington, Anno edizione: 2013, ISBN: 978-1-59726-701-4
Carpenter P., Walker T., Plants in the Landscape, Editore: Waveland Press, Long Grove, Anno edizione: 1998, ISBN: 9781577660187
McHARG Ian, Design with Nature, Editore: John Wiley & sons, Hoboken, Anno edizione: 1995, ISBN: 978-0-471-11460-4
Sereni, E., Storia del paesaggio agrario italiano, Editore: Laterza, Bari, Anno edizione: 1991, ISBN: 9788842020943
Roger A., Court traité du paysage, Editore: Éditions Gallimard, Paris, Anno edizione: 2017, ISBN: 978-2-07-272158-8
Nessun software richiesto
Tipo Forma Didattica
Ore di attività svolte in aula
Ore di studio autonome
Laboratorio Di Progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione
Insegnamento erogato in lingua
Disponibilità di materiale didattico/slides in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di libri di testo/bibliografia in lingua inglese
Possibilità di sostenere l'esame in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di supporto didattico in lingua inglese