The workshop addresses the architecture project from the point of view of interior space.
As a fundamental phenomenon independent of the scale to which it applies, it is characterized by a peculiar attention to its users and their gestures of relationship and openness to others and to the world; is captured and determined as a concrete body constructed, in dynamics, verified to the scale of detail, between its edges, the light that animates it, the furnishings that equip it, the materials and decorative elements that qualify it; aims to define a precise identity of every place, in the dialectic between spacecraft, figuration, dimensioning, structural aspects, environmental control, and energy performance. The laboratory places particular emphasis on the recovery of existing and often fragile architectural and architectural heritage by interpreting the themes of contemporary living, from those of residence to those of complex and multifunctional organisms for culture, museum systems and social life up to to those of retraining and open space equipment. Integration with the disciplines of technical physics allows for the verification of microclimate comfort in residential new buildings and upgrading existing ones, lighting and acoustics for museum sites, exhibitions, culture and commerce in a 'efficiency of the product and energy saving.
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
According to the Dublin Descriptors (DdD), passing the exam certifies the acquisition of the following results:
DdD 2 ability to apply knowledge and understanding
- ability to develop the interior space project at the appropriate scale, in which the attention to the human dimension of architecture is expressed in the definition of the material and constructive aspects, of the furnishing equipment or of the exhibition systems;
DdD 3 (autonomy of judgment), 4 (communication skills) and 5 (learning ability)
- ability to operate and communicate independently the design choices made (DdD 3, 4 and 5).
The contents will be treated throught lessons able to prepare a common cultural base, together we will learn to know a sequence of architectural significant cases for the interior.
Educationally it is believed that architecture has its own way of expression in the project, whether the project of a new building or the design on an existing building. In particular, we are interested in the relationship between man and space. The habitable space, constructed and defined by architectural elements that surround it, will be understood as a complex system of links, not only a functional one.
The course is intended as a training for the eyes, giving the students the tools necessary for reading and understanding the existing conditions and its stratified nature: paying attention to the materials and details of architecture.
The transformations that have led to the current situation will be read and interpreted as well as elements that, apart from an arbitrary value judgments, enrich the architectural heritage. This new way of looking and listening requires us to respect all signs deposited on an existing space.
The course aims to lead the students to a learning process and mostly to make them able to compose a design that gives a value and a meaning to the space transmitting a deep knowledge of the building.
The theme of the course will be an interior design project on an existing building, into a real condition to offer the possibility to visit the site, to have a direct contact with the local administration and to learn from them which will be the instances to follow and learn directly the existing limits.
The studio faces the project by crossing the interior design with the energy and plant requirements. The objective of the course of Building Physics is the development of knowledge and application methods relating to technological systems serving the building system. The didactic activity is resolved in a succession of lessons/experiences aimed at developing the indicative criteria, the performance of the typological choices of the plant, of energy efficiency and renewable sources and, in some cases, of the sizing assessments for the correct attribution of the necessary spaces and technological steps. The course gives acquired knowledge of the previous year, making references to what has already been presented. In particular, for the topics applied to the projects in the architectural development phase for the integration of the technological systems used in architecture. The method aims to make typological choices arriving at a plant pre-sizing and, guaranteeing a dialogue on a par with the figures that contribute to the definition of the integrated project.
- the work, organized either individually or in small groups as needed depending on the students number, will take place continuously in the classroom during the day and will be constantly verified through presentations and group discussions;
- it is required an attitude to work together in a collaborating way as much as possible
- the workshop modality, where for several days continuously, in classroom or staying on the site, is considered valuable to fit in some specific academic year period a significant design development;
- the proposed work is useful to develope an interior design able to redefine the link between the building envelope and the furniture equipment in a set co-operating and working together;
- the sketch, technical drawing by hand, study models, are necessary tools during the first phase of analysis and development design;
- basically in the final layout a high graphic quality, including digital and a precise manufacturing quality of the models as well as the photography and computerized presentations are required.
Modalità di valutazione
- attendance is mandatory and is required to participate in all classes, verification in progress, workshops, as well as the consignment of all tasks given;
- your active way of staying in the studio is one of evaluation criteria;
- the final discussion on the design project requires a presentation with which the students have to show an awareness about all the architectural tools and topics
R. Rizzi, Civilization of living. The evolution of European domestic interiors, Editore: Lybra Immagine, Anno edizione: 2004
Abalos I, Il buon abitare. Pensare le case della modernità,, Editore: Christian Marinotti Edizioni, Anno edizione: 2009
G. Ottolini, Ambiente interno, in Almanacco dell'Architetto da un'idea di Renzo Piano, Editore: ed. Proctor, Anno edizione: 2012
Nessun software richiesto
Tipo Forma Didattica
Ore di attività svolte in aula
Ore di studio autonome
Laboratorio Di Progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione
Insegnamento erogato in lingua
Disponibilità di materiale didattico/slides in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di libri di testo/bibliografia in lingua inglese
Possibilità di sostenere l'esame in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di supporto didattico in lingua inglese