053605 - PARAMETRIC DESIGN BIM ORIENTED THROUGH GRASSHOPPER+ RHINO
The course offers a framework of innovative teaching instrumental to architectural design, which requires specific time for in-depth study and subsequent integrations in the student’s course of study. The training offer uses specific tools or different software, considering the student body formed by digital natives, with their own intuitive capabilities. The innovative teaching includes software from the logical structures that can be integrated, of simulative, generative and multi-scale type, contemplating collective places and moments of comparison for the integration of specific potentials and formal structures.
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
According to the Dublin Descriptors (DdD), passing the exam certifies the acquisition of the following results:
DdD 1 knowledge and understanding
- knowledge from the logical structures of architectural design software.
DdD 2 ability to apply knowledge and understanding
- ability to critically apply the simulation and generative tools.
The course provides an effective mastery of the most advanced digital modeling techniques, deepening the methodologies of algorithmic and parametric modeling with particular reference to architecture. The course is divided into 4 parts and focuses on the main avant-garde tools for the generation and control of complex geometries.
- Digital modeling with Rhinoceros Intensive study session on the main NURBS modeling techniques with Rhinoceros, acquired through lectures and development of paradigmatic case studies
- Algorithm modeling with GrasshopperThe second part is structured as a gradual learning path of the Grasshopper software, from the presentation of the main features of the interface and its working environment to the basic principles of form generation through algorithms. The lessons deepe the study of mathematical sequences, conditional logics, data structures, patterns, mesh modeling.
- Environmental analysis and geometric optimization of architectural shellStudy session dedicated to the optimization of architectural shells and the use of Grasshopper in synergy with environmental analysis software and physical simulation. As a fundamental objective, the geometric optimization of the casings and the generation of the form as a result of environmental inputs.-Analysis and structural optimization. The last training step deepens the strategies and the main techniques of analysis and topological structural optimization through the use of the Kangaroo physical engine integrated with structural analysis plugins such as Millipede and Karamba.
Modalità di valutazione
The evaluation will be positive only with
80% classroom attendance
Positive result in 2 tests attended in the class during the year
One single date of replay a wrong test will be located within the lessons
Nessun software richiesto
Tipo Forma Didattica
Ore di attività svolte in aula
Ore di studio autonome
Laboratorio Di Progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione