Ing - Civ (Mag.)(ord. 270) - MI (488) INGEGNERIA CIVILE - CIVIL ENGINEERING
094799 - REINFORCED AND PRESTRESSED CONCRETE STRUCTURES
The objectives of the course consist in giving to the students the appropriate capability of solving problems regarding the analysis, design and evaluation of structural safety of structures and structural elements in reinforced and prestressed concrete. The main aspect of the course regards the formulation of the techniques and the procedures necessary for the study of reinforced and prestressed concrete structures. Further main aspects concern the discussion of the results derived from the application of the theoretical bases and their compatibility with the prescriptions given by the Codes. Each argument of the course is discussed theoretically at first and then illustrated by specific applications following an organised process, where practical examples and interesting case studies are carried out.
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
The lectures and the practical applications developed in the classroom will allow the students to:
- Deepen and learn in a critical manner the objectives, the hypotheses and the prerequisites governing the design, analysis and evaluations of structural safety for reinforced and prestressed concrete structures;
- Comprehend and grasp the basis of conceptual design and of the numerical procedures necessary for its definition and optimisation;
- Assimilate the fundamental characteristics governing the evaluation of the structural safety within a synergic scenario including the primary design and analysis concepts;
- Manage in a wisely and skilled way the main analysis, design and structural safety techniques.
- Introduction to the design of reinforced concrete structures.
- Semi probabilistic approach for performance based design.
- Material properties and constitutive laws.
- Introduction to the sectional analysis of R.C. elements.
- Ultimate limit states: bending
- Ultimate limit states: bending with axial load
- Second order effects, instability: theoretical approach and code enforced procedures.
- Ultimate limit states: shear and torsion.
- Serviceability limit states: limitation of stresses.
- Serviceability limit states: cracking.
- Serviceability limit states: long-term behaviour of concrete (creep, shrinkage).
- Prestressed R.C. elements: theory and design.
The basic concepts will be explained and discussed from a theoretical point of view during ex-cathedra classes and subsequently applied to practical design case studies.
The essential requirements for the course include the capacity of performing a linear structural analysis of simple structural schemes and having a good understanding of the basic concepts of structural mechanics. No specific preliminary knowledge about the mechanics of reinforced and prestressed concrete sections, elements or structures is required.
Modalità di valutazione
A written exam at the end of the course. The exam test will include N.3 exercises concerning the arguments discussed in the course. The exam test will be evaluated taking into account the theoretical procedure followed by the student in order to solve the various problems and the level of accuracy of the obtained results. In order to achieve a sufficient mark, the student has to solve all the exercises. The complete lack of the solution of 1 exercise will cause the failure of the exam.
Eurocode 2 Design of Concrete Structures - Part 1-1 - General Rules and rules for BuildingProgettazione di strutture in calcestruzzo armato - Guida all'uso dell'Eurocodice 2 con riferimento alle Norme Tecniche D.M. 14.1.2008, Editore: Edizione Publicemento - Roma Note:
Promosso da AITEC-ASSOBETON-ATECAP
Tipo Forma Didattica
Ore di attività svolte in aula
Ore di studio autonome
Laboratorio Di Progetto
Informazioni in lingua inglese a supporto dell'internazionalizzazione
Insegnamento erogato in lingua
Disponibilità di materiale didattico/slides in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di libri di testo/bibliografia in lingua inglese
Possibilità di sostenere l'esame in lingua inglese
Disponibilità di supporto didattico in lingua inglese