Ing Ind - Inf (Mag.)(ord. 270) - MI (486) ENGINEERING PHYSICS - INGEGNERIA FISICA
099289 - COMPUTER-ASSISTED OPTICAL SYSTEM DESIGN
The course is intended to provide students with the fundamentals of the optical system design:
1. Learning and understanding the basic considerations of optical system design.
2. Analysing imaging tasks and finding appropriate solutions.
3. Using optical design software, setting up and analyzing simple optical systems.
Risultati di apprendimento attesi
Lectures and exercise sessions will allow students to:
1. know and understand the theory behind the optical system design
2. transfer the thoretical concepts to practical optical design
3. gain the capability of using optical design software
4. developing the expertise to modelling and designing real optical system exploiting the knowledge acquired in the course
1. Introduction to the optical design
2. Calculation of optical systems
3. Aberrations/defects in optical systems
4. Basic considerations for lens design and evaluation
5. Simple optical systems
In addition to theory, this course includes notable practical training using the free software Winlens 3DBasic. Software is introduced and its use is practiced and exercised on the basis of selected use-oriented examples.
No pre-requisites are formally requested. However, knowing the basic principles of Optics and its formalism may be useful.
Modalità di valutazione
The assessment will be based on a oral/written exam. To pass the exam students are required to demonstrate the knowledge of the topics of course and the capibility to face problems dealing with optical design. Part of the exam will be conducted using the optical design software.