This Lab is a training arena that aims to develop students’ understanding about the profound changes that companies are currently facing due to the so-called 'societal challenges'. Students also learn how companies are answering to these challenges by developing innovative paradigms aimed to answer to growing economic, social and environmental pressures.
In particular in this session the Laboratory focus on the COMPLEX DECISION MAKING PROCESSES
Decision making processes in our interconnected world are sometimes extremely complex.
This Lab aims at preparing students to:
- Develop a real case related to the decision making in complex system, focusing on the societal challenges and innovative approaches
This Lab is articulated into a workshop of a week time, which will be developed through lectures and real
The topics addressed in the workshop are:
- What the main components are of complex decision making processes; limited power, limited information, dynamics
- How actors, faced with this complexity, act and what effective and ineffective strategies are
- The strategies to deal with this complexity and to apply them to real world cases
- The personal competencies and skills to deal with this complexity
- The cultural differences in the decision making game and to explore these differences
- Haw to understand and use the power of the media in these processes